This alkaline side dish is a delicious way to eat beets.
- 3 medium beets (approximately 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 Tbs unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 1 Tbs olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Wash, peel and chop beets into large bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Using a garlic press, press garlic into a small bowl. (If you don’t have a garlic press, finely chop the garlic.)
- Mix the rest of the seasonings with the garlic.
- Add seasoning mixture to the beets, tossing the beets to ensure they are well coated
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then spread beets onto pan.
- Bake at 350º for approximately 45 minutes.