Submitted by Mary Gospe. Adapted from the Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen.
Try this delicious alkaline dip.
- 2 or 3 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green onions, cut into small pieces, or handful of chives, chopped
- handful of parsley, cut from stem
- 3 cups cooked chick peas / garbanzo beans, or use 2 ea. 15 1/2 oz. cans, rinsed and drained)
- 6 Tablespoons tahini
- 6 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Place garlic, onions or chives and parsley in a food processor or blender and mince.
- Add the chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, cumin and cayenne and puree to a thick paste.
- You may want to add more lemon juice or oil if it is too thick for your liking
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil before serving (optional)
Serve with pita bread, carrot sticks or crackers, or use as a sandwich spread.