Submitted by Mary Gospe
Based on the Moosewood recipe
- 1 medium Italian eggplant
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
- Handful of Italian flat-leafed parsley, chopped.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone sheet
- Wash the eggplant and rub with EVOO. Place on cookie sheet and roast for around 20-30 minutes, until it collapses when pierced with a fork.
- Let the eggplant cool and remove the skin and ends.
- Place the eggplant, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and spices in a food processor. Puree until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the container a couple of times.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and top with chopped parsley.
Serve with sliced pita bread, crackers or carrots.