Garlic-ginger beet slaw
Submitted by Kathy Parnay
This delicious alkaline salad is filled with nutrients and anti-cancer antioxidants. It makes a wonderful addition to your meal.
- 1 cup grated raw beetroot (1 medium sized beet) plus chopped beet greens (include all the greens attached to the beetroot)
- 1 cup grated red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 Tblsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 – 1 minced garlic clove (dependent on taste preference)
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp raw agave nectar
- dash of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- In a food processor with the grater blade, grate the beetroot and cabbage then place in a large salad bowl.
- Chop kale and add to the bowl.
- In a jar, add all dressing ingredients. Cover and shake well until blended.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.