Buckwheat salad with cilantro and sliced almonds
Submitted by Kathy Parnay
This salad is so easy to make and delicious as a main course or side salad. Packed with healing nutrients, this recipe is perfect for those following a low glycemic alkaline diet to reverse disease or cancer.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked buckwheat
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup chopped fresh red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, tightly packed
- ½ cup sliced roasted unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cumin (dependent on taste preference)
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp ginger (dependent on taste preference)
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules or garlic powder
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- In a pot, combine buckwheat and water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stir. Lower heat to simmer for 5 minutes, then turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes more. Drain any excess liquid and rinse buckwheat in a strainer, then transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the bowl with the buckwheat and mix well.
- Add sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.