Vegan French Lentils
Submitted by Mary Gospe
- 2 cups French lentils, “lentilles du Puy”
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and black pepper to taste
- apple cider or red wine vinegar
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a dutch oven or other pot.
- Add all the ingredients except salt, pepper and vinegar. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- When lentils are carrots are tender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over quinoa or other grains, topped with a splash of vinegar and parsley