Vegan chocolate truffles with walnuts and coconut
Inspired by Zeke Koch’s Vegan Truffles
Submitted by Mary Gospe
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 lb bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- cocoa powder
- finely shredded coconut
- Put chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat and begin melting
- Put cashews and water in a blender, such as a Vitamix, and blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth
- Once the chocolate is melted completely, remove from heat and let cool
- Fold the cashew cream into the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly
- Mix in the walnuts
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- On a separate piece of parchment, sprinkle a generous amount of cocoa powder and in a separate section, some coconut
- Using a spoon, scoop out a bit of the chocolate mix and roll into a ball. Cover with cocoa powder and then coconut. Place the ball on the parchment on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all the chocolate is used. You’ll have around 20 truffles.
- Cover the truffles with another piece of parchment paper and place the cookie sheet in the freezer for several hours or over night. The truffles can stay in there until consumed.