Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins
Submitted by Kathy Parnay
These muffins make a wonderful snack. They are lightly sweet and taste even better the next day.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 2 Tbls molasses
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot (about 4)
- 3/4 cups chopped pineapple (drained if canned)
- 2 1/4 cups spelt flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins with coconut oil.
- In a mixer, mix first ten ingredients (through salt) until thoroughly combined.
- Add carrots and pineapple and mix on low speed until combined.
- Lastly, stir in spelt flour.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan making sure the dough is filled to the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!