Submitted by Mary Gospe
- 1 ea. 10 oz. package of firm, organic tofu
- 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small to medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8-10 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups spinach or chard cut into thin strips (chiffonad)
- 1 medium tomato or handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the tofu mixture by draining and then crumbling the tofu in a bowl with your clean hands or a potato masher. Add the turmeric, cumin and salt and pepper, set aside.
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onions are translucent. Add the bell peppers, mushrooms and saute for a few more minutes. Then add the spinach or chard and the tomatoes.
- Add the tofu mix to the vegetables and stir.
- Add more salt and pepper as needed.
Serve topped with guacamole and salsa or as a breakfast burrito – wrapped in a tortilla with guacamole and salsa. Enjoy!