Submitted by Kathy Parnay
You can make this breakfast treat the night before and either heat up or eat cold the next morning. It makes a great start to the day!
- 2 cups water*
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 – 2 tsp raw agave syrup (optional, based on sweetness preference)
- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup chopped dried mangos
In a medium sauce pan add water, rinsed quinoa, cinnamon, and agave (if using). Cover pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, turn heat down to low for 5 minutes and then let sit until all liquid is absorbed (approximately 20 minutes). In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine nuts and dried fruit. Mix in cooked quinoa and serve. You can serve “as is” or add a non-dairy milk and eat like cereal.
*For a creamy texture, substitute 1 cup of water with 1 cup of non-dairy milk.