I recently learned about the Citizens Health Cancer bill SB. 117 which will be introduced into the California State legislative cycle this year or in 2016. The bill is supported by Frank Cuny who is Executive Director of California Citizens for Health Freedom.
Apparently, physicians across the United States can run the risk of losing their medical license if they recommend options outside of radiation, chemotherapy and surgery for treating cancer patients. Although there are many cases of cancer patients being cured through non-toxic, non-invasive treatments and diet, see Our Journey with Prostate Cancer – A Wife’s Perspective, there is a lack of funding for these alternatives since they can’t be patented like drugs and therefore do not provide a monetary incentive for research. Treating cancer patients with traditional methods is very lucrative for medical centers, doctors, drug companies, and insurance carriers. For example, it is estimated that up to 70% of an oncologist’s income comes from selling chemo drugs and services.
According to the Citizens Health website, “this groundbreaking legislation will provide California cancer patients with access to the best in natural and non-toxic cancer therapies, while protecting the public and the physicians who provide care.” It also states that “…California is the only state to statutorily restrict cancer therapy exclusively to conventional drugs, surgery, and radiation.” The bill will:
- “make the decision on how to treat cancer a private decision between the doctor and his or her patient.
- Stop medical boards from disciplining doctors for providing integrative cancer treatments and opens the door for advancements in medicine.
- Protects the public, by making sure patients are well informed during the course of their care and that doctors follow strict regulations.
- Encourage coordination of care between the doctor providing integrative cancer care and the doctors providing conventional cancer care.”
If you are a California citizen, consider donating to and supporting the Citizens Health Cancer bill, SB. 117.
I believe that each of us needs to be an advocate for our own health and that of our loved ones. Read up on the benefits of a whole food, plant-based diet for cancer prevention and reversal before making a decision to undergo traditional treatments of radiation, chemo or surgery. Here are some resources for you to check out:
- T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
- Never Fear Cancer Again, by Raymond Francis M.Sc.
- The Cancer Survivor’s Guide, by Neal D. Barnard, M.D., and Jennifer K. Reilly, R.D.
- The China Study, by T. Colin Campbell
- Can We Eat to Starve Cancer?, TED Talk by William Li
- Documentary: Healing Cancer from Inside Out, Mike Anderson